Spicy Vegan Tofu Burrito Bowls
For Tofu Ground "Beef":
- 1 14 ounce package Woodstock® Firm Tofu, pressed and crumbled
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
For Avocado Cashew Crema:
- ½ cup Woodstock® Unsalted Whole Cashews, soaked for 2 to 3 hours in room temperature water
- ½ cup Woodstock® Frozen Diced Avocado, thawed to room temperature
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup water
For Corn Salsa:
- 1 10 ounce bag Woodstock® Frozen Super Sweet White Corn, cooked according to package directions and cooled to room temperature
- 1 medium jalapeno, finely minced
- ¼ cup diced red onion (fresh or pickled)
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cooked white or brown rice
- Woodstock® Habanero Pepper Hot Sauce
- Pickled red onion
- Drain tofu and wrap in a clean towel or paper towel and set something heavy on top, like a cast iron skillet. Press for about 20 minutes to release excess moisture.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Using your hands, crumble the tofu directly into the skillet. Sauté for 3-5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add in soy sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt, brown sugar, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika and stir well. Continue cooking for 4-6 minutes, stirring often, until tofu is lightly browned and crispy.
Avocado Cashew Crema:
- Soak cashews in room temperature water for 2-3 hours, then drain and rinse.
- Add cashews to a high-speed blender with avocado, cilantro, lime juice, salt and water. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir well to combine.
- Serve burrito bowls with cooked rice, tofu ground “beef”, corn salsa, avocado crema, pickled onions (optional) and hot sauce.