Spicy North African Veggie Burger with Turmeric Pickles
For Veggie Burger:
- 2 cups mashed sweet potato
- 1 ¼ cups cooked brown rice
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained, coarsely mashed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- ⅓ cup Woodstock® Organic Cashews, coarsely ground
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
For Turmeric Pickles:
- 1 cup Woodstock® Organic sliced Kosher Dill Pickles
- ½ cup pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 toasted bun
- 1 Tablespoon of Woodstock® Mayo (contains eggs)
- 2-3 slices bibb lettuce
- shaved red onion
Turmeric Pickles (make the night before!)
- In a medium sized bowl combine pickle juice and spices, stir to combine.
- Add pickles and coat evenly.
- Place in an airtight container and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Measure ½ cup of mixture and form into a ball then press into a patty.
- Place formed patties on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake patties for 30-40 minutes, flipping after 20 minutes. For slightly drier patty, increase cooking time by 5 minutes.
- Place bib lettuce on the bottom half of toasted bun.
- Place sweet potato patty on top of bibb lettuce.
- Top with turmeric pickles, red onion, mayo and top of bun.