Southwest Black Bean Veggie Burger with Corn Relish
For Southwest Black Bean Veggie Burger:
- 2 15 ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed, coarsely mashed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup green pepper, minced
- 1 cup yellow onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons Woodstock® Organic Hickory BBQ Sauce
- ½ cup Woodstock® Organic Rolled Oats, ground into a fine powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
For Corn Relish:
- 1 red bell pepper, small dice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, small dice
- 2 cups Woodstock® Organic Jalapeño Relish
- 1 cup Woodstock® Organic Super Sweet Cut Corn, thawed
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- 1 toasted bun
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons Woodstock® Organic Hickory BBQ Sauce
- In a medium sized metal or glass bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Southwest Black Bean Veggie Burger:
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal parts. Form 4 balls out of the mixture and press into a patty. Place on a baking sheet or plat and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Place a nonstick skillet over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons canola oil. Place patties in the pan and cook 3-4 minutes each side, until golden brown.
- Spread BBQ sauce on bottom half of toasted bun.
- Place bibb lettuce on top of BBQ sauce.
- Place sweet potato patty on top of the bibb lettuce.
- Add sliced avocado, corn relish and top with bun.