Not Your Basic Beet Burger
- 2 cups grated raw peeled beets
- ½ cup cooked lentils
- 1 cup Woodstock® Organic Traditional Rolled Oats
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 toasted bun
- Mixed greens
- 2 tomato slices
- Sliced red onion
- Woodstock® Organic Ketchup
- Woodstock® Organic Yellow Mustard
- Place all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until mixture comes together, scraping down the bowl in between pulses.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal parts. Roll the mixture into a ball then form into a patty.
- Place a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 2-3 tablespoons oil and cook 3-4 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Place mixed greens on bottom half of toasted bun.
- Add cooked beet burger patty.
- Top beet burger with red onion, tomato, ketchup and mustard.
- Place top of burger bun on assembled burger.