Loaded Mediterranean Baked Sweet Potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth or water
- ½ cup bulgur
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- ½ bunch parsley, minced (about ½ packed cup)
- ¼ cup lemon juice, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced dill
- 2 tablespoons minced mint
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup Woodstock Ⓡ Sesame Tahini
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup Woodstock Ⓡ Frozen Pomegranate Kernels
- Preheat oven to 400℉. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and roast until tender, about 1 hour.
- In a small saucepan, combine bulgur, broth or water, and ½ teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat. Cook bulgur until most of the water is absorbed and grain is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Drain any excess liquid from bulgur and place in large bowl. Add parsley, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, olive oil, dill, mint, remaining ½ teaspoon salt, and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine tahini, garlic, and remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Whisk in enough water to make a smooth consistency, about ⅓ cup. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, cut sweet potatoes in half lengthwise. Top with bulgur, tahini sauce, and pomegranate seeds.