Broccoli Cakes with Herb-Yogurt Dipping Sauce
- 1 package Woodstock Ⓡ Organic Frozen Broccoli Florets, thawed and roughly chopped
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup cornmeal
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon preferred vegetable oil
Herbed Yogurt Sauce:
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup minced chives, plus more for garnish, if desired
- ¼ cup minced parsley
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- In a large bowl, mix together broccoli, Parmesan, cornmeal, eggs, green onions, cumin, salt, pepper, and pepper flakes.
- Press broccoli mixture into a ¼ cup measuring cup and turn out onto a baking sheet. Press slightly to form a cake. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Fry cakes, turning once, until browned on both sides, 3-4 minutes per side.
- In a blender, combine yogurt, green onions, chives, parsley, oil, lemon juice, salt, and garlic. Blend until smooth.
- Serve cakes with yogurt sauce. seeds. Serve with vegetables and/or pita.