Sweet Potato Chia Pudding with Roasted Pears
- 1¼ cups unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup canned sweet potato puree
- ½ cup Woodstock Ⓡ Black Chia Seeds
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 ripe pears, such as Anjou, Bosc, or Bartlett, peeled, halved, cored, and cut into 1” wedges
- In a large bowl whisk to combine almond milk, sweet potato puree, chia seeds, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, and salt. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425℉.
- In a small skillet combine remaining 3 tablespoons maple syrup and coconut oil. Place over low heat until coconut oil is melted and mixture is smooth. Place pears in a large baking dish, drizzle with maple mixture, and toss gently to coat.
- Place pears in oven and roast until tender and caramelized, about 30 minutes.
- To serve, whisk chia pudding to break up any clumps, then divide between 4 glasses or jars. Top with pears and any caramelized juices.