Grilled Pepper Shakshuka with Feta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 bags WoodstockⓇ Frozen Organic Grilled Red Peppers, thawed and drained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large, heavy skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and peppers and cook, stirring, until softened, 6-8 minutes. Stir in tomato paste, garlic, paprika, cumin, salt, and cayenne. Cook for 2 minutes more. Add tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Make 4 depressions in the simmering sauce and crack an egg into each one. Let eggs cook to desired degree of doneness. Sprinkle with feta and parsley. Serve immediately with bread.